3D Engineering Draughtsperson
- Closing Date:
- 28th February 2019
Summary of Job Functions:
Working as part a factory-based product design team, under the leadership of the Engineering Team Leaders and Engineering Manager, the role plays a pivotal role in converting legacy 2D designs into Inventor 3D models and detailed drawings for manufacture, issuing of Manufacturing instructions and working within the Engineering team of 10, collaborating across internal departments, suppliers and customers.
You will be involved in a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating the product 3D models, preparing assembly and manufacturing drawings to enable manufacture and maintaining part and component hierarchies. You will also maximise the flexibility of the design and deal effectively with the increasing requirement for product variety and variations. (i.e. build smart parametric models)
Interpreting customer requirements and technical specifications.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advanced Inventor 3D experience essential
- Create models and drawings in 3D (Inventor) across the Eriez range of products. Many of which will be from legacy 2D files and designs.
- Work to set schedules for completion of models, drawings and projects.
- Complete final design of equipment & issue to customer with mechanical drawings for approval, along with component / assembly / manufacturing drawings.
- Produce Manufacturing Instructions (MI’s) & all drawings for procurement of Contract Specific equipment.
- Read and comprehend customer specifications for contract specific orders and apply to the product.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure availability and delivery of required components.
- Keep contract / job files up to date with any drawing changes & issue these to manufacturing / customer
- Ability to work unsupervised and create a detailed manufacturing package of drawings, parts lists and BOM’s
- Able to work as part of the engineering team.
- Good database and computer skills. MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc)
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential
- Good base knowledge of 2006/42/EC (Machinery Directive), BS EN ISO 12100 (Safety of machinery) and others.
Minor Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaise with other Eriez internal departments - sales, engineering, purchasing, production, and quality to ensure accuracy and delivery of projects to specification.
- Attend internal / external meetings to assist with technical requirements
- Answer technical questions to external customers/suppliers when required.
- Assist sales in technical questions / request for drawings and mechanical detail.
Reports directly to Senior Engineering personnel and the Engineering Manager.