Area Sales Manager - South East Region
- Closing Date:
- 29th February 2020
Screening Consultancy and Supplies Ltd (SCS) is a family owned company which has been in operation for 28 years. We design, manufacture, supply and install goods for use in the quarry, recycling and mining sectors. Our products are manufactured predominately from rubber and polyurethane.
As a company we are very customer service orientated and are well respected within our industry. We are a very busy company and expect our staff to work hard, we believe in looking after each other to create a supportive environment.
Area Sales Manager - South East Region
SCS are recruiting an Area Sales Manager for the South East Region, which can be regionally based or working from the office in Rugby.
The role offers a competitive base salary with an incremental sales commission, with the potential to earn between £35,000 to £45,000 per year.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities
- Visit customers to maintain ongoing relationships
- Build a knowledge base of the industry with specific regard to SCS product
- Generate sales which will offer potential continuous relationships
- Ensuring the most effective product solution is provided
- Measuring up on site for supply of materials
- Diary management
- Customer data management
- Searching out new enquiries
- Following up on quotes provided and materials supplied
- General customer liaison and gathering feedback
- Due to the changing circumstances of our business you will, from time to time be required to undertake other responsibilities/activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities.
The successful applicant will require the following:
- Practical knowhow (e.g. measuring, sketch drawing, etc)
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Good IT skills (MS Office, Outlook, mobile technology)
- Exceptional customer service
- Good team worker
- Problem solver
- Driving License (Clean)
We offer a competitive remuneration package including:
- Company car (BMW 3-Series or equivalent)
- 25 days holiday + 8 days statutory bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme
- Pension scheme
- Commission on sales
- Training for role provided
Please submit your CV and letter of application indicating which role you are applying for to email@example.com
Within the role of Area Sales Manager at SCS the following will be expected of you;
- Visiting customers four days a week, approximately four to five customers per day.
- One day per week you will be required to write up customer visit reports (whilst on probationary period / until the area sales target is met) and complete other paperwork for any enquires that require writing up / drawing up, this time would also be used to schedule appointments for future weeks and carry out any other paperwork.
- Mileage per year covered will be around 30,000 miles, this is not a target or limit.
- Whilst at customer sites you may have to go on to the plant to measure products or look at issues, this will require you to put on overalls and other such PPE.
- You must be physically able to climb onto and over quarry plant to measure up for various jobs, this will sometimes means getting dirty.
- Certain parts of SCS work involve working at height.
- Measuring and producing drawing to adequately convey what is required by the customer, so the sales office can cost and quote materials / labour or have this drawn to get products manufactured is a very important part of this role.
- You should give good, honest advice to solve customers’ issues even if this doesn’t result in Sales, long term customer relation is very important at SCS.
- Annual commission sales target will be dependent on sales area.
- To conduct yourself in a safe and professional manner always.
- You will be required to deal with customer issues and report back to a senior manager, with difficult situations a senior manager would accompany you to site as and when required.
- Attend training as and when required.
- You will be expected to help setup and man any trade shows that SCS exhibits at.
- You must be prepared to stay away from home from time to time, SCS generally uses Premier Inn’s, you would be responsible for organising accommodation yourself.
The list above is not exhaustive but should give you a feel for the role and responsibilities that will be expected of you.