BLUE Group are seeking a Health & Safety Manager
An opportunity for a progressive Health & Safety Manager has arisen for the right candidate. They will be expected to implement best practice within the group, ensuring compliance with current legislation across multiple locations including Warrington, Northwich & Stirling. This exciting role will be shaped by the skills of the successful candidate.
The Health & Safety Advisor will support the Directors in managing the day-to-day Health & Safety.
Role Responsibilities & Expectations
- Drive a positive H&S culture by implementing and promoting best practice through our regional businesses.
- Provide pro-active and re-active support and guidance.
- Identify and implement continuous improvements.
- Offer guidance at board level.
- Report at board/senior management level.
- Review & update all H&S policies annually as a minimum.
- Review and update all relevant procedures.
- Ensure a full suite of Risk Assessments & SWP’s are in place and reviewed at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure all appropriate audits are carried out and corrective actions followed up, these audits should include workshops, engineers and offices as a minimum.
- Manage all accident and incident reporting and ensure full investigations are carried out if required with all documentation evidenced.
- Manage our sub-contractor and supplier approval processes.
- Ensure a full monthly reporting suite is completed and issued as required.
Experience / Skills / Knowledge
- Preferably Nebosh Diploma qualified/working towards. Would accept Nebosh General/Construction. Minimum TECH IOSH/working towards GRAD IOSH.
- Experience of operating in engineering, construction or manufacturing sectors and the risks associated.
- Be able to evidence extensive knowledge of Health and Safety statutory compliance/legislation.
- Strong H&S background. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Strong communicator with ability to influence others positively.
- Experience in developing H&S KPI’s and driving compliance.
- Strong leadership skills