Bulkex announces further high-profile speaker line-up.
BREXIT, biomass, digitalisation and new technology are among the hot topics for BULKEX17, as the MHEA announces more speakers for its annual two-day conference on 18 and 19 October.
Bulk Handling Today and Tomorrow is living up to its promise with seminars from a dozen key speakers from prominent organisations including the Institute for Government, UKTI, Port of Tyne and Siemens.
The high-quality programme of topical and technical presentations is attracting a wide audience of professionals not only from within the bulk handling industry but across vertical sectors such as mining, quarrying, energy, ports and transport.
Five new speakers announced for BULKEX are:
- Joe Owen, Senior Researcher, Institute for Government – BREXIT and trade: Key considerations the government faces and the implications for businesses
- John Pethullis, Director, Southdowne Solutions – Ecostore Biomass Storage
- Steven Harrison, Operations Director, Port of Tyne – Build of a biomass import facility to cater for Lynemouth Power Station coal to biomass conversion
- Andrew Cowey, Head of Digitalisation, Siemens – Digitalisation for the bulk handling industry, what it means in realising real value through asset and data management
- Chris Every, Commercial Director, Coomtech – New non-thermal technology for efficient, low cost drying of granular and powdered bulk materials.
They join previously announced speakers:
- Darryn Quayle, Mining Engineer and Specialist, UKTI – Doing business in Chile: benefits, opportunities and free trade agreements
- Matt Drew, Managing Director, Saxlund International – Designing a successful alternative fuel feed system
- Dave Woods, Manager Application Specialists, Flexco – Documented reductions in breakage, dust and spillage at transfer points in the coal, grain and wood pellet industries.
Michael Kaye, Chairman of MHEA, said: “BULKEX17 looks set to be the best conference yet, with such a broad range of subjects of significant interest to our industry and beyond. Together with the supporting exhibition and awards dinner, providing the opportunity for networking and further information gathering, it is without doubt the leading event on the calendar for anyone involved in bulk materials handling.”
To register for BULKEX complete the form via www.Bulkex.co.uk or contact the event team on 01787 226995