Fireshield Systems Ltd ensures MachTech Services shredder installations quality and reliability.
There has been on average more than 300 fires per year at waste and recycling plants all across the UK between 2001 and 2013.
Mid UK have invested in over 20 Lindner industrial shredding machines across their sites over the past 10 years,and have just welcomed the first of MachTech Services installation of 2018, another Lindner Jupiter 3200, to help shred the 350,000 tons of waste that arrives and is processed on their sites per annum.
Needless to say, Mid UK take the unavoidable threat of fire hazards very seriously.
In fact, Mid UK have been stringent in enforcing and abiding by all health and safety regulations on site as well as putting in place systems to get unavoidable combustions under control and tackle fires immediately.
‘These solutions are provided by FireShield Systems ltd and offers Mid UK’s multiple Lindner Shredders quality and reliability for what is an incredibly harsh working environment. These systems have been designed to take into account key factors for professional operators like Mid UK such as:
- Rapid fire response.
- Monitoring outputs to notify BMS, local house alarm systems and interlocks,
- Simple cost effective ongoing maintenance and minimal downtime should a system discharge occur ensuring any plant is back to work as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Hard to reach enclosures and machinery spaces where debris can typically collect and mix with lubricants and hydraulics are monitored by UL approved rate compensated Heat Detectors.
- Out feed areas where potential smouldering material created by sparks or embers from unwanted metallic elements in the processed materials are monitored by specialist FM approved detection systems.
- Where high hazard materials are regularly being processed, Hopper areas can also be monitored for fast response FM approved high speed deluge discharge into the shredding chamber.