MPA & British Precast host inaugural joint Health & Safety Leadership Conference
11:05hrs, Wednesday 11th November 2020
The MPA & British Precast Health & Safety Leadership Conference is online this year. Hosted by BBC Radio Presenter Sybil Ruscoe, this approximately hour long Show will combine leading speakers, panels and dynamic video to launch MPA’s new ‘Vision Zero’, associated values and targets, plus focus on the strategy, leadership and behavioural change required to deliver them, managing in a Covid-19 environment. The Conference will also celebrate and acknowledge the good practice and innovation showcased and shared over the many years of the MPA Health & Safety Awards.
Attendance is FOC. Please register your interest now and MPA will then contact you nearer the date to send you the log on details you will require to join on the 11th November.
Introduction - Sybil Ruscoe, BBC Radio Presenter
Welcome - Nigel Jackson, Chief Executive MPA
Focus on ‘Vision Zero’
- Launch of MPA’s new ‘Vision Zero’ - Simon Willis, CEO Hanson UK, Chairman MPA
- What ‘Vision Zero’ means and why it is so important to the industry – Industry leaders: Martin Riley - Senior Vice-President, Tarmac and President of the IQ, Jaqueline O’Donovan - Managing Director O’Donovan Waste Disposal and 2019 Sir Frank Davies Winner, Alan Smith - Chief Operating Officer for Robert Brett and Sons, Chairman of British Precast, Colin Mew - HM Principle Inspector HSE, Lawrence Waterman OBE - Chairman Joint Industry Health & Safety Forum, Chris Hudson - Managing Director Asphalt, Aggregate Industries, Chairman, MPA H & S Committee.
- What ‘Vision Zero’ means – from the ‘rock face’
- ‘Vision Zero’ Unpacked - Chris Leese, past Chairman MPA Health and Safety and Special Advisor to MPA
- Vox pops on Leadership
- Leadership Panel - John Anderson, National Logistics Director, Tarmac, Simon Bourne, Group Operations Director, Marshalls, Darren Broadhead, Managing Director, Broadhead Global, Jaqueline O’Donovan, Managing Director O’Donovan Waste Disposal
Sharing good practice and innovation - a celebration
Close Nigel Jacks
Nigel Jackson, Chief Executive MPA said: ‘This is a seminal moment as we will launch MPA’s Vision Zero and associated values and targets to help drive down incidents even further and eliminate fatalities. The new vision is effectively the sectoral action plan for the next 5 years building on the progress of the last 10 years coupled with a blend of frustration and increased determination to do better.’