Providing cost-effective solutions to industrial problems
SHORT COURSES FOR INDUSTRY
The Wolfson Centre for Bulk Solids Handling Technology, based at the University of Greenwich in Medway, specialises in helping industry solve its powder and particulate handling problems through consultancy and training.
We run a series of short courses specifically for industrialists to help them understand why they encounter solids handling problems and how to help resolve/avoid them.
Click through to:
Bulk Materials Handling Short Courses held at the Wolfson Centre premises in Kent for 2017 include:
- 7 – 9 March: Storage and Discharge of Powders and Bulk Solids (includes optional practical session on Day 3) http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/sdop
- 25 – 26 April: Advanced course; Design of Equipment for Storing and Discharging Bulk Materials http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/design
- 16 – 18 May or 14 – 16 November: Pneumatic Conveying of Bulk Materials (includes optional practical session on Day 3) (link to http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/pcobs
- 24 – 26 October: Overview of Particulate Handling Technology (includes optional practical session on Day 3) http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/pht
- 5 – 6 December: Advanced course; Pneumatic Conveying System Design http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/adv-pc
- 7 December: Rotary Valves; Design, Selection and Operational issues http://www.gre.ac.uk/engsci/research/groups/wolfsoncentre/coupro/sc/rotary-valves
These courses can also be held on your own premises at a time to suit your operational requirements. Modules can be mixed and matched to provide a bespoke course. Please contact us for details.
- Dust Explosions – DSEAR and ATEX Compliance
- Biomass Handling, Feeding and Storage
- Electrostatics in Powder Handling
- Measurement of Properties and Bulk Behaviour of Particulate Materials
- Caking and Lump Formation in Powders and Bulk Solids
- Undesired De-blending and Separation in Processes and Equipment
Please visit www.bulksolids.com for full course details.