Vortex’s pivoting chute diverter offers long life handling abrasives
Vortex established its Titan Series product line in 2011 to address several abrasion concerns expressed across bulk material handling industries. Such applications include handling materials that pose excessive abrasion or wear issues, situations that call for extremely large valves or diverters, conditions that require a valve to be successful in especially harsh environments, or other more specialised heavy-duty applications.
Among those Titan Series products is a diverter that has recently garnered much attention across industries: the Pivoting Chute Diverter.Per the demands of companies handling especially abrasive materials – such as alumina, bauxite, cement, clinker, coal, fly ash, gravel and rock, glass, industrial sand, lime, limestone, metals and ores, potash, sands, wood, and others – Vortex designed the Pivoting Chute Diverter to improve processing speeds and provide a valve with longevity when operating in particularly wearing environments.Since its release, the Pivoting Chute Diverter has improved operations for cement, grain, mining, power generation, and many other industries worldwide.
In recognition, the Pivoting Chute Diverter was awarded the 2016 Breakthrough Product of the Year from Processing Magazine.
Innovative features of the Pivoting Chute Diverter include:
- A body constructed from carbon steel.
- An independent, internal pivoting chute.
- Diverter’s wetted parts (eg: material contact areas) are lined with choice of abrasion-resistant metal.
- Optional abrasion-resistant liners, installed internally on the diverter’s inlet and outlet legs. The purpose of abrasion-resistant liners is to provide additional durability for the diverter’s internal. As a standard, abrasion-resistant liners are constructed from abrasion resistant steel. In extreme applications, liners may instead be constructed from chromium carbide.
- Dust-tight to atmosphere.
- The Pivoting Chute Diverter may be shifted “on the fly” while materials continue to flow, allowing a non-interrupted material flow. This is an improvement upon traditional flapper-style diverters, which recommend material flow be shut off prior to shifting the blade.
- Inspection, maintenance or repairs may be quickly and easily performed while the diverter remains in-line, from an access panel on the front of the diverter.
- Removable chute, in case it must be inspected, repaired or replaced.
- Material flow may be directed partially toward two different destinations at once. However, because material flow will be shared through one chute toward two destinations, flow rates toward each leg will be diminished, in comparison to typical one-to-one flow rates.
- Available in either a two-way or three-way configuration.For more information on how the Pivoting Chute Diverter can improve your system operations, visit http://www.vortexglobal.com/pivoting-chute-diverter/.
HILLHEAD Stand PC32