Specialists in waste management Ward aims to prevent 100% of the waste it collects from ending up in landfill.
With a turnover in excess of £200 million Ward is the largest independent metal and waste recycling company in the Midlands with multiple sites nationwide including several in Ilkeston, as well as Swadlincote, Chesterfield, Immingham, Redcar and London providing UK coverage for metal recycling and waste management solutions.
An ISO accredited, fourth generation family-run business, Ward has been established for over 80 years and now employs over 400 people locally with a fleet of more than 120 modern heavy goods vehicles.
Metal Recycling and Waste Management Services
Ward offers nationwide waste management services including metal processing, recycling of industrial, business and household waste collection. It offers skip hire, car recycling, wood and waste electrical equipment (WEEE) processing and recycling, hazardous waste management including secure destruction of confidential waste, site services, facilities management and land remediation.
Ward at a glance:
- Metal recycling: Buying, selling and processing ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Vehicle Scrappage: DVLA approved vehicle scrappage centre
- Skip Hire: A full range of skips, bins and containers with collection, delivery and duty of care
- Business waste: Commercial storage, collection of wheelie bins, recycling and all waste streams
- Household waste: Collection, removal and recycling of residential waste streams
- Hazardous waste: Safe, secure removal and disposal of asbestos and other hazardous material
- Land remediation: Site clearance and material handling for building, construction and demolition
- WARDRobe: Textile collection, reuse and recycling
- Ward SP: Special projects delivering salvage, reclamation, hazardous waste removal land remediation for major demolition construction projects
The Ward ethos is to contribute to a circular economy enabling its partners to maximise the reuse and recycling of waste materials. Working with clients and customers nationally, Ward helps them achieve their environmental objectives and find the most cost effective waste management solutions, with the main objective being always to minimise waste to landfill.
On behalf of Derbyshire-based businesses operating nationally within the… Read Full Article
Other News Articles
GB Railfreight, one of the UK’s leading transport companies and the fastes… Read Full Article
A joint venture between two prominent Derbyshire business families has com… Read Full Article