Bulk Materials Handling in Ports and at Sea
The issues surrounding the safe handling and storage of bulk materials at port and at sea is examined during this short course.
We invite you to attend:
Subject areas covered include:
- Ship unloading technologies (Grabs vs CSUs, different CSU technologies)
- Conveying technologies (pneumatic vs belt)
- Storage and discharge technologies (silos, flat stores, stacking etc)
- Loading/unloading control (weighing, controlling ship bending etc)
- Rail and road outloading equipment and control
- Explosion and fire risks and management (ATEX, fire control and management)
- Mobile plant and safety
- Developments in automation and autonomous vehicles
Who should attend?
The course is designed for those working in Ports or at Sea who handle or are responsible for the safe transportation of bulk materials. This might include Stevedores, Operations supervisors, Port managers, Ships Masters, Port developers or Cargo superintendents.
Bulk Materials Handling Equipment suppliers, Design Consultants, Maintenance Personnel, Managers and Procurement executives are all recommended to attend to gain an understanding of the reasons for the varied behaviour of particulate materials as they travel across the seas or are stored and transported from ports.
ABTO members will receive discounted fees
For more details please contact the Wolfson Centre on +44 20 8331 8646 or email Wolfsonfirstname.lastname@example.org